Level of Organization
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Reading and Comprehension
Chapter 3 – Information Literacy
Chapter 4 – Types of Writing
Chapter 5 – The Fundamentals of Writing
Chapter 6 – The Writing Process and Pre-writing
Chapter 7 – Drafting and Writing a Paper
Chapter 8 – Revising and Editing a Paper
Chapter 9 – Academic Integrity and Style Rules (APA 6th edition)
Chapter 10 – Academic Integrity and Style Rules (APA 7th edition)
**NOTE: chapter 9 and 10 are the same except one is based on the 6th edition and one is based on the 7th edition of APA
- Recognize the importance of writing in the nursing profession.
- Recognize the unique quality of the writing approaches used in the nursing profession.
- Apply critical reading skills when reviewing literature.
- Analyze competencies related to scholarly writing in nursing.
- Differentiate the types of writing in post-secondary nursing programs.
- Demonstrate reflexivity in writing.
- Demonstrate critical appraisal of literature and writing.
- Demonstrate academic integrity in the scholarship of writing in nursing.
- Demonstrate writing skills for nursing scholarship.