Chapter 8: Revising and Editing a Paper
Some final questions to consider when revising and editing your paper:
- Have you met the assignment’s purpose and requirements?
- Have you met all the grading criteria?
- Are all your sentences less than three lines? If not, did you purposefully construct them this way?
- Are all your paragraphs less than a page? If not, did you purposefully construct them this way?
- Does each paragraph convey one concise idea?
- Did you use appropriate transition sentences between paragraphs to enhance flow?
- How does the paper compare to your outline? Did you include all your ideas?
- Have you maintained a consistent style throughout the paper?
- Is your thesis statement or main idea adhered to throughout the entire paper?
- Does your conclusion link back to your thesis statement?
- Have you checked your grammar and spelling?