Though we attempt to make all elements of the book conform with international accessibility guidelines, we must acknowledge a few accessibility issues that are out of our control or are done on purpose to demonstrate barriers.
Other Accessibility Issues
- Some external resources may not conform with accessibility guidelines
- The Lulu’s Lollipops website referenced in Activity 1: Experience Barriers has had barriers added intentionally.
- Third-party video content may not be captioned, or may be captioned poorly.
- PDFs have been tested with Acrobat Pro for accessibility though will be inaccessible to those without the Acrobat Reader application or with another PDF reader installed on their computer.
- Links to other pages of the book will always open in the current window.
- Links to external sites will always open in a new window.
- Use your screen reader’s list headings feature to navigate through the headings within the content of a page.
- Use the Previous and Next links found at the bottom of each page to navigate through the sequence of pages in the book. To access these links most easily, use your screen reader’s landmarks list to navigate to the content info region, then press Shift+Tab to back up to the Next link.
- Depending on the operating system and browser being used, font size can be adjusted by pressing a key combination including the plus (+) and minus (-) keys. On Windows systems the key combination is typically “Ctrl+” and on Mac it is “Command+”.