1. Getting Started
Though we attempt to make all elements of the ebook conform with international accessibility guidelines, we must acknowledge a few accessibility issues that are out of our control.
- Some external resources may not conform with accessibility guidelines.
- Third-party video content may not be captioned or may be captioned poorly.
- PDFs included in the web-based version of this book have been tested with Acrobat Pro for accessibility, though will be inaccessible to those without the
Acrobat Reader application installed on their computer.
Accessibility Tips for Web-Based Version
- Search for the “Skip to content” link at the start of each page when navigating by keyboard, and follow it to jump directly to the main content of the page.
- Links to external sites will always open in a new window.
- Use your screen reader’s list headings feature to navigate through the headings within the content of a page.
- Use the “Previous Section” and “Next Section” links found at the bottom of each page to navigate through the sequence of pages in the book. To access these links most easily, use your screen reader’s landmarks list to jump to the navigation region, then press Tab and Shift-Tab to move between the next and previous links.
- Depending on the operating system and browser being used, font size can be adjusted by pressing a key combination including the plus (+) and minus (-) keys. On Windows systems, this is typically “CTRL+” and on Mac “Command+”.